There are a number of heritage style buildings in Manilla, Strafford Street and other areas. The pictures below also show timber and fibro styled homes built in the 1950's and 1960's, the Chinky Chow bridge, unique gardens, Anglican Church and streetscape.
In 2013 the homes in Manilla varied in price from approx. $150,000 to $350,000. Giving many the opportunity to own their own home.  Beneficial also considering the close proximity Manilla is to Tamworth, with a population of 60,000, and more job opportunities.

There are more buildings in Main Street Manilla. Click on Home Page above for link to these pictures.
More pictures - 1964 Manilla Flood....Personal story re. 1964 Manilla Flood Click Here.
Home Affordability in Australia Click Here.
            Verendahs were always a notable inclusion for a federation home, plus in many cases a well maintained hedge. If my memory serves me correctly, the picture bottom right, is the house I used to mow lawns and do gardening for 50c per hour....Story Click Here            
          Note also the awnings above the windows and the house bottom left was for sale when this photo was taken. The bottom right house is in River Street and would have had a substantial amount of water in it during the 1964 flood.          
            The church top left was known as the Church of England in the 1950's and an important part of many families lives during that time. More pictures and information at the bottom of this page. The timber houses top and bottom still feature a verandah.          
          Trees and bushes were always a consideration to either give privacy or provide shade.
The house bottom right is a federation style, situated in River Street and affected by the flood in 1964.
          Two homes that show verandahs and the foundations these type of houses were built on. It was surprising that more houses weren't washed away in the 1964 flood with many houses just sitting on these foundations.            
                  Corra Lynn is located along the Corra Linn Lane Manilla.                  
                Some garden art at the southern end of Manilla Street.
At No.54 left, the sign reads "Lavva Tree - Dunni-Piculiarius".
See below pictures also.
              A well manicured bush with the rail bridge in the background and, on the right, a garage from the 1950's in River Street. This corrugated galvanised iron garage was common during those years.              
              Two older styled homes in Manilla.              
                The tree lined and centre garden road in Strafford Street, while on the right shows how wide the streets are in many areas of Manilla.              
                The 'Chinky Chow' bridge at the southern end of Manilla Street is a unique heritage style that has been there since before the 1950's.  On the left is a picture showing when the railway bridge was operational in the 1950's. A walkway led you under the rail bridge. Today, on the right, the bridge has gone.                
                An unusual design and just wide enough at its centre point for a pushbike. Pushbikes being a regular mode of transport for the young during the 50's-60's.              
                Four different styles of homes in Manilla.              
                Two distictively different homes but both attractively comfortable with their own style.              
                  Behind our old home in River Street there is a lane, just like other homes in Manilla. During the 1950's-1960's it wasn't sealed and more fun on a bike.              
                These four pictures show different older styles of homes in Manilla.                
              A nice classic old style on the left, and right: A cactus garden and house once owned by Keith and Shirley Carter in River Street.              
                Another two homes with distinctively different styles.            
                The Church of England (Holy Trinity), as it was known in the 1950's-1960's, with the 'Cuerindi' memorial tower. 
In 1938 the foundation stone for the western end and tower was laid by Bishop Moyes. A tube was placed at the back of the tablet containing a script, two copies of the Manilla Express, a copy of the Tamworth Leader and an order of service for the day.

On February 10th, 1939 the Cuerindi Memorial Tower and the western end were dedicated by Sir Charles Rosenthal - the first stage built by Walter Jackson, the second stage completed by W.C Grantham.

The Baptistery and the Cuerindi Memorial Tower were a gift of the Allen family of Cuerindi in memory of their father and mother.
                The entrance to the church and a seat located adjacent. A very popular church in the 1950's-1960's and the seat was also popular on those hot summer days in Manilla.                
              The church residence on the left and the church hall on the right.              
                  The first Manilla Council Chambers built in 1919.                  
                  Walking around some areas of Manilla is peaceful.                  
                  Copyright Mitch Ezyrider Australia (>)